The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Image Sizes
Visual content rules the social media landscape. For brands to stand out on social media, it has now become imperative to use the videos and images in the most effective way possible. In fact, over 36 percent of marketers already spend more than a third of their marketing budget over visual content.
In order to get ahead of the social media game and reach your target audience, you need to know the ideal social media image sizes. To help you out, we have put together the latest and most up to date social media image size guide.
With over 2.41 billion users, Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms. While you can target your customers on Facebook accurate, but attracting and engaging your user base are two very different things. The right images can help you with that.
The recommended Facebook image sizes for 2019:
- Facebook profile photo: 180 x 180 pixels
- Facebook cover photo: 851 x 315 pixels
- Facebook URL image: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Facebook image post: 1200 x 900 pixels
- Facebook video: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Facebook ad: 1280 x 628 pixels
- Facebook Story: 1080 x 1920 pixels
While Twitter started as a microblogging website, the social media platform now supports all types of visual content including images, videos, and GIFs. In fact, tweets with images get 150 percent more retweets than the ones without it. The visual content posted on Twitter needs to be more rectangular so that it can seamlessly fit the feed.
The recommended Twitter image sizes for 2019:
- Twitter profile picture: 150 x 150 pixels
- Twitter header: 1500 x 500 pixels
- Twitter post image: 1024 x 512 pixels
- Twitter card/ URL image : 1200 x 628 pixels
- Twitter video size: 1280 x 720 pixels (landscape), 720 x 720 pixels (square), and 720 x 1280 pixels (portrait)
Most brands bring their best visual aesthetic to Instagram to entice their followers and drive engagement. With Instagram feed posts and stories, it can get rather confusing to keep track of everything which is exactly why you need to know the optimum image sizes for every type of post.
The recommended Instagram image sizes for 2019:
- Instagram profile picture: 180 x 180 pixels
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square), 1080 x 1350 pixels (portrait)
- Instagram Stories: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Minimum size for Instagram video: 600 x 315 pixels (landscape), 600 x 600 pixels (square), 600 x 750 pixels (portrait)
- Minimum size for Instagram image ad: 500 pixels wide
Most companies often ignore LinkedIn because it is not where they find their primary customers. But an appealing company profile on LinkedIn can help you attract better talent and improve your recruitment efforts.
The recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2019:
For company profiles:
- LinkedIn company logo: 300 x 300 pixels
- LinkedIn cover photo: 1536 x 768 pixels
- LinkedIn sponsored content image: 1200 x 628 pixels
Personal pages for employees:
- LinkedIn profile picture: 400 x 400 pixels
- LinkedIn cover photo: 1584 x 396 pixels
- LinkedIn post image: 1200 x 1200 pixels
- LinkedIn link post: 1200 x 628 pixels
- LinkedIn video: 256 x 144 pixels (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 pixels (maximum)
Pinterest is a powerful social media platform to drive referral traffic to your website. In fact, 90 percent of Pinterest pages are external links only. In order to get maximum impressions, you need to optimize your Pinterest page with the right sized images.
The recommended Pinterest image sizes for 2019:
- Pinterest Profile Picture: 165 x 165 pixels
- Pinterest Pins: 600 x 900 pixels is the minimum optimal size or (any other 2:3 aspect ratio image would also back
- Pinterest board image: 222 x 150 pixels (large thumbnail); 55 x 55 (smaller thumbnail)
It can be difficult to keep track of all the optimal social media sizes on your own and to make sure you are routinely updating all the social media platforms. By keeping a quick guide to the optimal image sizes, you can make sure that your social media campaigns are able to get the best results.